Associate Professor of Physical Electro-Chemistry
Department of Chemistry & Center for Research in Climate Change and Global Warming (Hydrogen and Solar division)
for Advanced Studies in Basic Sciences (IASBS)
[Education] [Interests] [Membership] [Publications] [Courses Taught] [Invitations] [Alumni]
- Ph.D. in Physical Chemistry (theoretical; corrosion inhibitors), Sharif University of Technology (SUT)
- M.Sc. in Physical Chemistry (experimental; electrochemistry), Research Institute of Petroleum Industry (RIPI) and Tarbiat Moallem (Kharazmi) University
- B.Sc. in Applied Chemistry, Sharif University of Technology (SUT)
- Solar-based Fuels and Water Photosplitting Phenomena: Ammonia Production and Photo-conversion of CO2 into Oxygenates (e.g. Methanol, Ethanol, Formaldehyde, etc.)
- Synthesis of New Energy Materials and their Applications to Generate Hydrogen and other Solar Fuels
- Microbial Fuel Cells (Communication with Microorganisms!)
- Photo-electrochemical Nano-structured Solar Cells (Quantum Dot and Dye Sensitized)
- Semiconductor Photo-electrochemistry and Photo-electrode Fabrications
- Corrosion and Inhibition Phenomena (Experimental and Theoretical)
- Industrial Electrochemistry: Zinc Electrowinning (Electro-recovery) Process, Lead Acid Automotive (SLI) Batteries, Dimensionally Stable Anodes (DSA), etc.
NACE International & ECS, The Electrochemical Society
Publications (ISI papers and Book)
· M. Lashgari, M. Ghanimati, "Photocatalytic degradation of H2S aqueous media using sulfide nanostructured solid-solution solar-energy-materials to produce hydrogen fuel", Journal of Hazardous Materials 345 (2018) 10-17.
· M. Lashgari, P. Elyas-Haghighi, M. Takeghuchi, "A highly efficient pn junction nanocomposite solar-energy-material [nanophotovoltaic] for direct conversion of water molecules to hydrogen solar fuel", Solar Energy Materials & Solar Cells 165 (2017) 9–16.
· M. Lashgari, Sanaz Soodi, Parisa Zeinalkhani, "Photocatalytic back-conversion of CO2 into oxygenate fuels using an efficient ZnO/CuO/carbon nanotube solar-energy-material: Artificial photosynthesis", Journal of CO2 Utilization 18 (2017) 89–97.
· M. Lashgari, Parisa Zeinalkhani, "Photocatalytic N2 conversion to ammonia using efficient nanostructured solar-energy-materials in aqueous media: A novel hydrogenation strategy and basic understanding of the phenomenon", Applied Catalysis A: General 529 (2017) 91–97.
· M. Lashgari, H. Diarmand-Khalilabad, "Electrochemical insights into bacterial respiration upon polarized substrates: A proposal for tricking bacteria and compelling them to exhibit desired activities", Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry 783 (2016) 125–131
· M. Lashgari, Nahideh Shafizadeh, Parisa Zeinalkhani, "A nanocomposite p-type semiconductor film for possible application in solar cells: photo-electrochemical studies", Solar Energy Materials & Solar Cells 137 (2015) 274-279.
· M. Lashgari, D. Matloubi, "Atomistic understanding of hydrogen loading phenomenon into palladium cathode: a simple nanocluster approach and electrochemical evidence", J. Chem. Sci. 127 (2015) 575-581.
· M. Lashgari, M. Ghanimati, "A highly efficient nanostructured quinary photocatalyst for hydrogen production" Int. J. Energy Res. 39 (2015) 516-523.
· M. Lashgari, M. Ghanimati, "Efficient mesoporous/nanostructured Ag-doped alloy semiconductor for solar hydrogen generation", J. Photon. Energy, 4 (2014) 044099−9.
· M. Lashgari and F. Hosseini, "Lead-Silver Anode Degradation during Zinc Electrorecovery Process: Chloride Effect and Localized Damage" Journal of Chemistry, 2013, 1-5.
· M. Lashgari, E. Kianpour, and E. Mohammadi, "Aluminum Pitting Corrosion in Halide Media: A Quantum Model and Empirical Evidence" J. Mater. Eng. Perform. 22 (2013) 3620.
· M. Lashgari, "Advanced Electrochemistry: Fundamentals and Application" (in Persian), Nikan-Ketab Publisher, Zanjan (2012).
· M. Lashgari, "Theoretical challenges in understanding the inhibition mechanism of aluminum corrosion in basic media in the presence of some p-phenol derivatives" Electrochim. Acta, 56 (2011) 322.
· M. Lashgari, M.R. Arshadi, and S. Miandari, "The enhancing power of iodide on corrosion prevention of mild steel in the presence of a synthetic-soluble Schiff-base: electrochemical and surface analyses", Electrochim. Acta 55 (2010) 6058.
· M. Lashgari, M.R. Arshadi, and M. Biglar, "Experimental and theoretical studies of media effects on copper corrosion in acidic environments containing 2-Amino-5-mercapto-1,3,4-thiadiazole", J. Iran. Chem. Soc. 7 (2010), 478.
· M. Lashgari and A.M. Malek, "Fundamental studies of aluminum corrosion in acidic and basic environments: theoretical predictions and experimental observations", Electrochim. Acta, 55 (2010) 5253.
· M. Lashgari, M.R. Arshadi, and M. Biglar, "Comparative studies of some heterocyclic compounds as corrosion inhibitors of copper in phosphoric acid media", Chem. Eng. Comm. 197 (2010) 1303.
· V.S. Sastri, J.R. Perumareddi, M. Lashgari, and M. Elboujdaini, "Application of ligand field theory in corrosion inhibition", Corrosion (NACE) 64 (2008) 283.
· M. Lashgari, M.R. Arshadi, and V.S. Sastri, "Quantum electrochemical approaches to corrosion inhibition properties of some aniline derivatives in acidic media", J. Electrochem. Soc. 154 (2007) 93.
· M. Lashgari, M.R. Arshadi, Gh.A. Parsafar, and V.S. Sastri, "Cluster/polarized continuum models for density functional theory investigations of benzimidazole corrosion inhibitors at metal-solution interface", Corrosion (NACE) 62 (2006) 199.
· M. Lashgari, M.R. Arshadi, and Gh.A. Parsafar, "A simple and fast method for comparison of corrosion inhibition powers between pairs of pyridine derivative molecules", Corrosion (NACE) 61 (2005) 778.
· M. Lashkari and M.R. Arshadi, "DFT studies of pyridine corrosion inhibitors in electrical double layer; Solvent, substrate and electric field effects", Chem. Phys. 299 (2004) 131.
· M.R. Arshadi, M. Lashgari and Gh.A. Parsafar, "Cluster approach to corrosion inhibition problems: interaction studies", Mater. Chem. Phys. 86 (2004) 311.
· Advanced Chemical Kinetics.
· Advanced Corrosion (PhD)
· Advanced Electrochemistry I (Fundamentals: Physical & Mathematical Concepts).
· Advanced Electrochemistry II (Solid State, Fuel and Solar Cells, Semiconductors).
· Advanced Physical Chemistry.
· Corrosion Inhibitors.
· Fundamentals of Nanotechnology.
· General Chemistry I (Lab, BSc)
· Nanostructured Materials (Quantum insights).
· Physical Chemistry I & II and their Labs (BSc).
· Physical Chemistry of Chemical Engineering.
· Specific Topics in Physical Chemistry (MSc and PhD)
· Statistical Thermodynamics I (Fundamentals).
· Statistical Thermodynamics II (Applications).
USA (March 13 - April 4, 2015): invited by World Learning, National Academy of Sciences and University of Arizona to participate in an International Visitor Leadership Program on Climate Change.
Alumni of this research group
[Back to the Department] Updated: November 2017