Updated: January 20, 2019
Associate Professor of Chemistry
Department of Chemistry, Institute for Advanced Studies in Basic Sciences (IASBS)
Biomimetic Catalysis; Photocatalysis; Porphyrins and metalloporphyrins; Coordination Chemistry, Heme and non-heme nanocatalysts; Nanoreagents
<img src="image003.jpg" alt="image001.png">
A: Damghan University of Basic Sciences
1. Daryoush Mohajer, Saeed Zakavi, Saeed Rayati, Mansour Zahedi, Nasser, Safari, Hamid Reza Khavasi, Shant Shahbazian, Unique 1:2 adduct formations of meso-tetra-arylporphyrins and alkylporphyrins with BF3: a spectroscopic and ab initio study, New J. Chem. 28 (2004) 1600-1607.
26. Rayati, S., Zakavi, S., Jafarzadeh, P., Sadeghi, O., M. Amini, M., "Manganese meso-tetra-4-carboxyphenylporphyrin immobilized on MCM-41 as catalyst for oxidation of olefins with different oxygen donors in stoichiometric conditions", J. Porphyrin Phthalocyanine, 16, 260-266, (2012).
29. S. Zakavi, H. Rahiminezhad, A. G. Mojarrad, T. Mokary Yazdely, R. Alizadeh, Effect of core or/and peripheral protonation of meso-tetra(2-, 3-, 4-pyridyl)porphyrins and,…, Journal of Spectroscopy, 2013 (2012) 1-7.
30. Zakavi, S., Omidyan, R., Talebzadeh, S., "Porphine core saddling: Effects on the HOMO/LUMO gap and the macrocycle bond lengths and bond angles", Polyhedron, 49, 36-40, (2013).
34. S. Rayati, F. Nejabat, S. Zakavi, Chemoselective oxidation of sulfides to sulfoxides with urea hydrogen peroxide (UHP) catalyzed by non-, partially and fully β-brominated meso-tetraphenylporphyrinatomanganese…, Inorganic Chemistry Communications 40, 82-86.
35. S. Zakavi, M. Fathi, Oxidation of olefins and sulfides with different oxidants catalyzed by meso-tetra (n-propyl)porphyrinatomanganese(III) acetate: comparison with meso-tetra (phenyl …), Journal of the Iranian Chemical Society 11 (6), 1667-1674.
36. H. Shahroosvand, S. Zakavi, A. Sousaraei, M. Eskandari Saddle-shaped porphyrins for dye-sensitized solar cells: new insight into the relationship between nonplanarity and photovoltaic properties, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics 17 (9), 6347-6358 (2015).
37. H. Shahroosvand, S. Zakavi, A. Sousaraei, E. Mohajerani, M. Mahmoudi Unusual, near-white electroluminescence of light emitting diodes based on saddle-shaped porphyrins, Dalton Transactions 44 (18), 8364-8368 (2015).
38. S. Zakavi, S. Hoseini, The absorption and fluorescence emission spectra of meso-tetra (aryl) porphyrin dications with weak and strong carboxylic acids: a comparative study, RSC Advances 5 (129), 106774-106786 (2015).
39. S.H. Kazemi, B. Hosseinzadeh, S. Zakavi, Electrochemical fabrication of conducting polymer of Ni-porphyrin as nano-structured electrocatalyst for hydrazine oxidation, Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 210, 343-348 (2015).
40. S. Zakavi, Z. Kayhomayoon, S. Rayati, Substrate-dependent order of catalytic activity for a series of Fe (III) and Mn (III) porphyrins in the oxidation of organic sulfides and olefins with periodate, Journal of the Iranian Chemical Society, 12 (5), 863-872 (2015).
41. S. Rayati, E. Bohloulbandi, S. Zakavi, M. Jafarian, M. Rashvand Avei, Partial and Full β-Chlorination of Meso-Tetraphenylporphyrin: Effects on the Catalytic Activity of the Manganese Complexes for Oxidation of Organic Compounds with Periodate, Synthesis and Reactivity in Inorganic, Metal-Organic, and Nano-Metal Chemistry, 45 (7), 997-1003 (2015).
42. S. Zakavi, R. Omidyan, S. Talebzadeh The influence of protonation on the structure and spectral properties of porphine: UV-vis, 1 H NMR and ab initio studies, RSC Advances, 6 (85), 82219-82226 (2016).
43. A.G. Mojarrad, S. Zakavi A novel porphyrinic photosensitizer based on the molecular complex of meso-tetraphenylporphyrin with 2, 3-dichloro-5, 6-dicyano-1, 4-benzoquinone: higher photocatalytic …, RSC Advances, 6 (103), 100931-100938 (2016).
44. M.A. Kamyabi, F. Soleymani-Bonoti, S. Zakavi, Voltammetric determination of stability constants of lead complexes with diallyl disulfide, dimethyl disulfide, and diallyl sulfide, Chinese Chemical Letters, 27 (1), 71-76 (2016).
45. S. Rayati, E. Bohloulbandi, S. Zakavi, Manganese(III) porphyrin anchored onto multiwall carbon nanotubes: An efficient and reusable catalyst for the heterogeneous reduction of aldehydes and ketones, Journal of Coordination Chemistry, 69 (4), 638-649 (2016).
46. S. Zakavi, R. Jafari Motlagh, Synthesis, Characterization and Reactivity of Iodosylbenzene Nanoparticles as a New Nano–reagent, ChemistrySelect 1, (15), 5008-5013 (2016).
47. S. Zakavi, S. Hoseini, Solvent Tuning of the Optical Absorption and Fluorescence Properties of Meso–tetra (aryl) porphyrins and Their Dications With Weak and Strong Carboxylic Acids, ChemistrySelect, 1 (20), 6448-6459 (2016).
48. M.A. Kamyabi, F. Soleymani-Bonoti, S. Zakavi, Voltammetric Study of Cd2+ Complexation with some Compounds of Garlic, Journal of Applied Chemical Research, 11 (1), 71-80 (2017).
49. A. Heydari-Turkmani, S. Zakavi, N. Nikfarjam, Novel metal free porphyrinic photosensitizers supported on solvent-induced Amberlyst-15 nanoparticles with a porous structure, New Journal of Chemistry, 41 (12), 5012-5020 (2017).
50. S. Zakavi, S. Hoseini, A. G. Mojarrad, New insights into the influence of weak and strong acids on the oxidative stability and photocatalytic activity of porphyrins, New Journal of Chemistry, 41 (19), 11053-11059 (2017).
51. R. Nasrollahi, S. Zakavi, Evidence on the Nature of the Active Oxidants Involved in the Oxidation of Alcohols with Oxone Catalyzed by an Electron‐Deficient Manganese Porphyrin: A Combined Kinetic and …, European Journal of Inorganic Chemistry, 2017 (13), 2002-2010.
52. A.G. Mojarrad, S. Zakavi, Photocatalytic Activity of the Molecular Complexes of meso‐Tetraarylporphyrins with Lewis Acids for the Oxidation of Olefins: Significant Effects of Lewis Acids and meso …, European Journal of Inorganic Chemistry, 2017 (21), 2854-2862.
53. A.G. Mojarrad, S. Zakavi, Simple low cost porphyrinic photosensitizers for large scale chemoselective oxidation of sulfides to sulfoxides under green conditions: Targeted protonation of porphyrins, Catal. Sci. Technol., 2018,8, 768-781.
54. A. Talaeizadeh, M. Tofighi, S. Zakavi, A comparative study on the catalytic performance of heme and non‐heme catalysts: Metal porphyrins versus metal Schiff bases, Applied Organometallic Chemistry 32 (1), e3967 (2018).
55. R. Nasrollahi, S. Zakavi, Kinetics and mechanistic studies on the formation and reactivity of high valent MnO porphyrin species: mono-ortho or para-substituted porphyrins versus a di-ortho-substituted one, New Journal of Chemistry, 42 (3), 1806-1815 (2018).
56. M.A. Kamyabi, F. Soleymani-Bonoti, S. Zakavi, Determination of Stability Constants of Cadmium (II) Complexes with Diallyl Disulfide, Dimethyl Disulfide and Diallyl Sulfide Using Differential Pulse Voltammetry, Russian Journal of Electrochemistry, 54 (1), 77-83 (2018).
57. L. Alghooneh, M. Eskandari, S. Zakavi, R. Omidyan, Optical properties of β-brominated meso-tetraphenylporphyrins: Comparative experimental and computational studies, Journal of Porphyrins and Phthalocyanines, 22, (2018).
58. R. Jafari-motlagh, S. Zakavi, Synthesis, characterization and oxidizing strength of a nano-structured hypervalent iodine (v) compound: iodylbenzene nanofibers, New Journal of Chemistry, 42 (23), 19137-19143 (2018).
59. S. Zakavi, A. Hashemi‐Amiri, F. Asadi, Axial base‐controlled catalytic activity, oxidative stability and product selectivity of water‐insoluble manganese and iron porphyrins for oxidation of styrenes in water under …, Applied Organometallic Chemistry, 32 (3), e4117 (2018).
60. S. Zakavi, S. Ebadi, M. Javanmard, Nanosized cationic and anionic manganese porphyrins as mesoporous catalysts for the oxidation of olefins: Nano versus bulk aggregates, Applied Organometallic Chemistry, 32 (3), e4175 (2018).
61. S. Rasouli, F. Sakha, A.G. Mojarrad, S. Zakavi, Thermal nonlinear optical response of meso-tetraphenylporphyrin under aggregation conditions versus that in the absence of aggregation, Journal of Modern Optics, 65 (8), 1009-1017 (2018).
62. A. Heydari-turkmani, S. Zakavi, The first solid state porphyrin-weak acid molecular complex: A novel metal free, nanosized and porous photocatalyst for large scale aerobic oxidations in water, Journal of Catalysis, 364, 394-405 (2018).
63. S. Khazaei, M. Eskandari, S. Zakavi, Computational and experimental insights into the oxidative stability of iron porphyrins: A mono‐ortho‐substituted iron porphyrin with unusually high oxidative stability, Journal of physical organic chemistry, https://doi.org/10.1002/poc.3869.
64. Z. Esfandiari bayat, H. Rahiminezhad, S. Zakavi, Solvent effects on catalytic activity of manganese porphyrins with cationic, anionic and uncharged meso substituents: Indirect evidence on the nature of active oxidant species, Applied Organometallic Chemistry, 1-6 (2018).
1. Saeed Rayati, Saeed Zakavi, Maryam Razmjoo and Akbar Ghaemi, Catalytic effects of nonplanar β-brominated Mn-porphyrins on the biomimetic epoxidation of cyclohexene with tetrabutylammonium periodate, presented as poster at 12th Asian Chemical Congress (12ACC)(Aug 23 - 25 2007, Malaysia).
19. Sousaraei, A., Shahroosvand, H., Zakavi, S., "Optimization of molar ratio of N-bromosuccinimide (NBS) in the bromination reaction of tetrakis-meso-(4-phenyl carboxyl)porphyrinato Zinc(ΙΙ)", 15th Iranian Inorganic Chemistry Conference, Hakim Sabzevari University, 1-1, (2013).
20. Sousaraei, A., Shahroosvand, H., Zakavi, S., "Study of solvent effects on the bromination reaction of ZnTCPP", 15th Iranian Inorganic Chemistry Conference, Hakim Sabzevari University, 1-1, (2013).
21. Zakavi, S., Esfandiari Bayat, Z., "Mechanistic insights on the meso-tetra(n-propyl)porphyrinatomanganese(III) acetate-Catalyzed Oxygenations of Olefins with periodate: Indirect evidence", 15th Iranian Inorganic Chemistry Conference, Hakim Sabzevari University, 1-1, (2013).
22. Hoseini, S., Zakavi, S., "Effect of core protonation on the intensity of the Soret and Q(0,0) bands of meso-tetraarylporphyrins", 16th Iranian Inorganic Chemistry Conference Bu-Ali Sina University, Hamedan, Iran, 1-1, (2014).
23. G. Mojarrad, A., Zakavi, S., Kazemi , S. H., "Weak correlation between the redox properties of a series of manganese(III) porphyrins and their catalytic activity for oxidation of olefins with periodate", 16th Iranian Inorganic Chemistry Conference Bu-Ali Sina University, Hamedan, Iran, 1-1, (2014).
24. S. Zakavi, Biomimetic Oxidation of Organic Compounds: History and Applications, 19th Iranian Inorganic Chemistry Conference, Chemical and Chemical Engineering Center of Iran, Tehran, (2017, Invited Speaker).
25. S. Zakavi, Transition Metal-based Catalysts: An Overview, 1st Iranian Catalyst Conferene, Zanjan University, Zanjan, Iran (2018, Invited Speaker).
5th place in chemistry in the first Iranian university students Olympiad, August 1996, University of Oromia and Sharif University of Technology
Advanced Inorganic Chemistry (M.S)
Physical Inorganic Chemistry (M.S)
Kinetics and Mechanisms of Inorganic reactions (M.S)
New Topics in Inorganic Chemistry (M.S)
Bioinorganic Chemistry (M.S)
Organometallic Chemistry (B.S and M.S)
Inorganic Chemistry I and II (B.S)
Environmental Chemistry (B.S)
Chemistry Literature (B.S)
General Chemistry I and II and labs (B.S)
Special Topics in Inorganic Chemistry (Coordination Chemistry), (M.S And Ph.D)
Catalytic Reactions (Ph.D)
Structure and Bonding of Coordination Compounds (Ph.D)