My research focuses on using sedimentology, ichnology, and genetic stratigraphy to interpret sedimentary rock successions in both subsurface and outcrop contexts. My research projects are typically multidisciplinary and commonly focus on problems involving the interface between geological and biological systems. This broad field has strong links to the hydrocarbon industry, is used extensively in the development of refined facies models. Recently, most of my research has focused on the construction of high-resolution sequence stratigraphic frameworks for the Central Iran and Alborz basin successions in order to understand the interplay of relationships between tectonic and sedimentation
“Ichnology and sequence stratigraphy Mila Group (Central Alborz) and comparison with Shirgesht Formation (Tabas block)"
“Diagenesis, Sedimentary Environment and provenance of Shirgesht Formation deposits in sections of, kuh-Asheghan and Kuh-Rahdar, Tabas”
: Kharazmi University, Iran
- Sequence Stratigraphy
- Tectono-stratigraphy and Basin analysis
- Ancient and modern sedimentary environments
- Aram Bayet-Goll, Carlos Neto De Carvalho, Reza Moussavi-Harami, Asadollah Mahboubi, YaghubNasiri, 2014. Depositional environments and ichnology of the deep-marine succession of the Amiran Formation (upper Maastrichtian-Paleocene), Lurestan Province, Zagros Fold–Thrust Belt, Iran, Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology. 401, 13-42.10.1016/j.palaeo.2014.02.019
- Gerd Geyer, Aram Bayet-Goll, Markus Wilmsen, Asadollah Mahboubi and Reza Moussavi-Harami.2014. Lithostratigraphic revision of the middle and upper Cambrian (Furongian) in northern and central Iran. Newsletters on Stratigraphy.10.1127/0078-0421/2014/0039.
- Aram Bayet-Goll, Gerd Geyer, Markus Wilmsen, Asadollah Mahboubi and Reza Moussavi-Harami. 2014. Facies architecture, depositional environments and sequence stratigraphy of the Middle Cambrian Fasham and Deh-Sufiyan formations in the central Alborz, Iran. Facies. 10.1007/s10347-014-0401-9.
- Aram Bayet-Goll, Jiaoto Chen, Reza Moussavi-Harami, Asadollah Mahboubi, 2015. Depositional processes of ribbon carbonates in middle Cambrian of Iran (Deh-Sufiyan Formation, Central Alborz). Facies Journal, 9. 61. DOI: 10.1007/s10347-015-0436-6.
- Aram Bayet-Goll, Carlos Neto De Carvalho, 2015. Ichnology and sedimentology of a tide-inﬂuenced delta in the Ordovician from theNortheastern Alborz range of Iran (Kopet-Dagh region). Lethaia. 49, 327-350. DOI: 10.1111/let.12150.
- Aram Bayet-Goll, Carlos Neto De Carvalho, Mohammad Hossein Mohammadniay, Gharaei, Reza Nadaf. 2015. Ichnology and sedimentology of a shallow marine Upper Cretaceous depositional system (Neyzar Formation, Kopet-Dagh, Iran): paleoceanographic inﬂuence on ichnodiversity. Cretaceous Reaserch, 56, 628-646. DOI: 10.1016/j.cretres.2015.07.008.
- Aram Bayet-Goll, Paolo Monaco, Jalili, Farah, Mohammad Hossein Mohammadniay, 2016. Depositional environments and ichnology of the deep-marine succession of the Upper Cretaceous deposits, the Sistan Suture Zone, Birjand, Eastern Iran. Cretaceous Research, 60, 28-51. DOI: 10.1016/j.cretres.2015.10.015.
- Aram Bayet-Goll, Carlos Neto De Carvalho, Paolo Monaco, Mahmoud Sharafi. 2016. Sequence Stratigraphic and Sedimentologic Significance of Biogenic Structures from Chalky Limestones of the Turonian-Campanian Abderaz Formation, Kopet-Dagh, Iran. Recent advances in Cretaceous biodiversity, palaeoenvironments and palaeobiogeographic implications” Special issue, New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science Bulletin 71, 19-43p. Book chapter.
- Carlos Neto De Carvalho, Andreas Baucon, Aram Bayet-Goll, 2016. The ichnological importance and interest of the Geological Museum of Lisbon collections: Cladichnus lusitanicum in continental facies from the Lower Cretaceous of the Lusitanian Basin (Portugal). Comunicaçöes Geolögicas (2016) 103, Especial I, 7-12.
- Aram Bayet-Goll, Paul. M. Myrow, Guillermo F. Aceñolaza, Reza Moussavi-harami and Asadollah Mahboubi, 2016. Depositional controls on the ichnology of Paleozoic wave-dominated marine facies: new evidence from the Shirgesht Formation, central Iran, Acta Geologica Sinica, 90 (5), 1572-1597.
- Aram Bayet-Goll, Pouran Nazarian Samani, Carlos Neto de Carvalho, Paolo Monaco, Navab Khodaie, Mehran Morad Pour, Homayoan Kazemeini, Mohammad Hossein Zareiyan, 2017. Sequence stratigraphy and ichnology of Early Cretaceous reservoirs, Gadvan Formation in southwestern Iran, Marine and Petroleum Geology, 81, 294-319, doi.org/10.1016/j.marpetgeo.2016.11.008.
- Aram Bayet-Goll, Reza Moussavi-harami and Asadollah Mahboubi, 2017. Ichnotaxonomic analysis and depositional controls on the carbonate ramp ichnological characteristics of the Deh-Sufiyan Formation (Middle Cambrian), Central Alborz, Iran, Iranian Journal of Earth Sience, 8, 102-124.
- Mehdi Daraei., Aram Bayet-Goll, Mortaza Ansari, 2017. An integrated reservoir zonation in sequence stratigraphic framework: A case from the Dezful Embayment, Zagros, Iran. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 154, 389-404.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.petrol.2017.04.038
- Aram Bayet-Goll, Carlos Neto De Carvalho, 2017. Sedimentological and ichnological characteristics of deltaic and non-deltaic successions of the Lower Ordovician of Shahmirzad area, Alborz Mountains of northern Iran, Bollettino della Società Paleontologica Italiana, 56: (2), 127-151.
- Bayet-Goll, A., Neto de Carvalho, C., 2017. Differentiation of delta and open marine deposits based on an integrated ichnological and sedimentological analysis of the Late Triassic Nayband Formation, Tabas Block, Central Iran. Journal of Iberian Geology. 43, 413
- Bayet-Goll, A., Shirezadeh-Esfahani, F., Daraei, M., Monaco, P., Sharafi, M., Akbari Mohamadi, A., 2018a. Cyclostratigraphy across a Mississippian carbonate ramp in the Esfahan-Sirjan Basin, Iran: implications for the amplitudes and frequencies of sealevel fluctuations along the southern margin of the Paleotethys. International Journal of Earth Sciences. 107, 2233–2263.
- Bayet-Goll, A., De Carvalho, C.N., Daraei, M., Monaco, P., Sharafi, M., 2018b. Sequence stratigraphic and sedimentologic significance of the trace fossil rhizocorallium in the upper triassic nayband formation, Tabas block, Central Iran. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology. 491, 196–217.
- Bayet-Goll, A., Geyer, G., Daraei, 2018c. Tectonic and eustatic controls on the spatial distribution and stratigraphic architecture of late early Cambrian successions at the northern Gondwana margin: the siliciclastic-carbonate successions of the Lalun Formation in central Iran. Marine and Petroleum Geology. 98, 199–228.