Hello, my name is Mehdi Daraei. I am a sedimentologist who works on carbonate sedimentology that means the study of different sedimentologic aspects of carbonate rocks. Most my recent studies are focused on the paleo-depositional environment interpretation of carbonate rocks. However, I have also conducted some research projects on carbonate reservoir geology with the aim to describe the geologic properties of carbonates reservoirs. For those who are familiar with reservoir geology, I have extended my studies to reservoir characterization, particularly the zonation of carbonate reservoirs via using different rock typing methods such as Flow Unit Indicator and/or Stratigraphic Modified Lorenz Plot. Recently, I am working on the application of neural networks on the reservoir rock classification.
University of Tehran , Iran
“COMPARISON OF SEDIMENTARY PETROLOGY, DEPOSITIONAL ENVIRONMENT AND SEQUENCE STRATIGRAPHY OF THE ASMARI FORMATION IN THE DEZFUL EMBAYMENT OIL-FIELDS WITH SOME OUTCROPTS OF THE SOUTHWESTERN LURESTAN
University of Tehran , Iran
“DEPOSITIONAL ENVIRONMENT AND SEQUENCE STRATIGRAPHY OF THE ASMARI FORMATION IN DAREH-SHAHR SECTION, THE NORTH OF KABIR-KUH, WITH REFERENCE TO THEIR SIGNIFICANCE IN RESERVOIR CHARACTERIZATION”
- Reconstruction of paleo-depositional environments and settings
- The study of diagenesis, particularly its relationship with reservoir characteristics
- Reservoir geology and characterization
- Sequence stratigraphy of carbonate successions
- Daraei, M., H. Rahimpour-Bonab, and N. Fathi, Factors shaping reservoir architecture in the Jurassic Arab carbonates: A case from the Persian Gulf. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 2014. 122: p. 187-207.
- Daraei, M., A. Amini, and M. Ansari, Facies analysis and depositional environment study of the mixed carbonate–evaporite Asmari Formation (Oligo-Miocene) in the sequence stratigraphic framework, NW Zagros, Iran. Carbonates and Evaporites, 2015. 30(3): p. 253-272.
- Gharechelou, S., Daraei, and A. Amini, Pore types distribution and their reservoir properties in the sequence stratigraphic framework: a case study from the Oligo-Miocene Asmari Formation, SW Iran. Arabian Journal of Geosciences, 2016. 9(3).
- Bayet-Goll, A. and Daraei, Ichnotaxonomy of trace fossil of the Upper Triassic Nayband Formation, Tabas Block, Central Iran. Geopersia, 2017. 7(2): p. 199-218.
- Daraei, M., A. Bayet-Goll, and M. Ansari, An integrated reservoir zonation in sequence stratigraphic framework: A case from the Dezful Embayment, Zagros, Iran. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 2017. 154: p. 389-404.
- Bayet-Goll, A., et al., Sequence stratigraphic and sedimentologic significance of the trace fossil Rhizocorallium in the Upper Triassic Nayband Formation, Tabas Block, Central Iran. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology, 2018. 491: p. 196-217.
- Bayet-Goll, A., et al., Cyclostratigraphy across a Mississippian carbonate ramp in the Esfahan–Sirjan Basin, Iran: implications for the amplitudes and frequencies of sea-level fluctuations along the southern margin of the Paleotethys. International Journal of Earth Sciences, 2018. 107(6): p. 2233-2263.
- Bayet-Goll, A., G. Geyer, and M. Daraei, Tectonic and eustatic controls on the spatial distribution and stratigraphic architecture of late early Cambrian successions at the northern Gondwana margin: The siliciclastic-carbonate successions of the Lalun Formation in central Iran. Marine and Petroleum Geology, 2018. 98: p. 199-228.
- Bayet-Goll, A. and Daraei, Palaeoecological, sedimentological and stratigraphical insights into microbially induced sedimentary structures of the lower Cambrian successions of Iran. Sedimentology, 2020. 67(6): p. 3199-3235.
- Bayet-Goll, A., et al., Variations of the trace fossil Zoophycos with respect to paleoenvironment and sequence stratigraphy in the Mississippian Mobarak Formation, northern Iran. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology, 2020. 551.
- Malekzadeh, H., Daraei, and A. Bayet-Goll, Field-scale reservoir zonation of the Albian–Turonian Sarvak Formation within the regional-scale geologic framework: A case from the Dezful Embayment, SW Iran. Marine and Petroleum Geology, 2020. 121.
- Bayet-Goll, A., et al., Environmental constraints on the distribution of matground and mixground ecosystems across the Cambrian Series 2–Miaolingian boundary interval in Iran: A case study for the central sector of northern Gondwana. Journal of African Earth Sciences, 2021. 176.
- Bayet-Goll, A., et al., Rosselia ichnofabrics from the Lower Ordovician of the Alborz Mountains (northern Iran): palaeoecology, palaeobiology and sedimentology. Palaeobiodiversity and Palaeoenvironments, 2021.
- Bayet-Goll, A., et al., Crowded Trichophycus ichnofabrics in the early Ordovician successions of central Iran: insight into the Ordovician radiation. Lethaia, 2021. 54(3): p. 314-329.
- Environmental conditions during the deposition of the upper Cambrian strata on the northern margin of Gondwana.
- Depositional environment and sequence stratigraphy of the Carboniferous Mobarak Formation in the central Alborz.
- Reservoir geology and characterization of the Cretaceous Sarvak Formation, SW Iran.
- The Jurassic system of the Sargelu Basin (Sargelu, Najmah and Gotnia formations), NW Zagros.
- Investigating variations in depositional conditions in the transition from the Cretaceous to the Paleogene in the Lurestan Zone.