The IASBS President Prof Babak Karimi has appointed Dr Atiyeh Mahdavi as the new Head of the Biological Sciences Department.
In her letter of appointment Prof Karimi has expressed hope that with the Almighty's blessings, Dr Mahdavi will succeed in carrying out her responsibilities with special focus on the following points,
* make optimum use of all departmental resources and economise while endeavouring to improve green management and application of HSE rules in the laboratories,
* plan to make maximum use of the capabilities of the Biological Sciences faculty within the framework of collaboration among universities to launch new degree courses and fields of study with an interdisciplinary approach in mind,
* carry out constant evaluation and review of courses, eliminate redundant courses, enhance the quality and effectiveness of the syllabi at the Master’s and doctoral levels, and plan to make courses more effective within the virtual education framework,
* put suitable plans in place to promote international collaboration at the Biological Sciences Department along the general policy of the internationalisation of the University,
* endeavour to maintain a calm educational environment under the current special conditions of the country, and
* report on progress and achievements in each of the above cases at regular intervals and propose solutions to overcome future challenges.
The IASBS President also expressed gratitude and praise to the former Head of the Biological Sciences Department, Dr Shiva Akbari Birgani, for her service during her term in office.
Sat, 22 May 2021
Developed by the IASBS Computer Center